Sunday, August 21, 2016

A glance on Discord

To be honest I am a bid sad that Pokemon GO was not assigned to my team for Assignment 2. But considering that Discord is something closely related to a gamer like me, I am still quite happy about the topic. The following are a few things I observed when I first visited its official website and downloaded the app.

First of all, Discord has a nice cute logo which like a gamepad and a pig nose. It leaves me a good impression. Besides, its registration process seems to be simple. I did not encounter any difficulty in choosing a username. But I am not sure if  it is just by luck nobody had chosen the name or Discord allows duplicated username. I am also unsure about what will happen if there are duplicated names. I need some more testing to figure it out.

A great thing about Discord is that it provides a feedback forum on its official website. Garena should have something similar to collect complains about unstable server and suggestions on improvement of its voice chat app TalkTalk (to be fair, TalkTalk had improved remarkably in the past 4 months). This feedback forum of Discord will serve as a great source for the "What is bad / ugly about the application" and "Suggest improvements" parts of our presentation.

So far I hasn't observer the key feature that makes Discord better than other voice and text chat applications. I guess today after lecture I should play game with my friends purely to test the functions of Discord and gain some first hand user experience =)

No comments:

Post a Comment